Re: [OM] 7 Year Anniversary Gift to Myself

Subject: Re: [OM] 7 Year Anniversary Gift to Myself
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 15 Aug 2024 11:01:59 -0700
On 8/14/2024 11:17 PM, Ken Norton wrote:
As I'm getting ready for three weeks out in the Aleutians, I
"happened" to mosey into the camera store looking for something to
fill a little perceived gap in my camera setup. I ended up buying a
lens........and a camera.

I'd rather hear about it than go on it. 😉

New England and Scotland will suffice for this fall for me.

Sony G whatever 24/2.8, and an A9. Both were exceptionally priced. The
A9 also had the battery grip. Recently, I had acquired a 70-200/2.8,
so, well, yeah. It seemed like a good thing to do. The A9 was a backup
and never used. It literally only had 223 shutter actuations. Not a
scratch, zero sign of anything.

I've had an A7, A7 II, A7R II. All gone in favor of an A7C. Form factor and
function make me much happier.

Hasn't been used much lately. Working with the Oly 25/1.2 and 45/1.2 has largely pushed aside work with my menagerie of  FF vintage and Alt lenses — for now?

Contemporary auto 25/1.2 with stacking on µ4/3 can do things a vintage manual
50/1.2 on FF can't; things I like.

Strait Less Moose