Re: [OM] 7 Year Anniversary Gift to Myself

Subject: Re: [OM] 7 Year Anniversary Gift to Myself
From: Peter Klein <boulanger.croissant@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 20 Aug 2024 14:35:22 -0700
To paraphrase Groucho, I love my 50-200, but I only take it out once in a while.  :-)

Seriously, I'm glad I bought the 50-200, because it's a stellar lens. But I'm also glad I picked up the plastic amateur 40-150 f/4-5.6, which is far better than it has any right to be. If I'm gonna hike up a mountain, it has the best chance of arriving at the summit, along with me.

Looks like you are on track with the right tools for the job. You won't be slogging uphill much on a ship. Bring on the heavy artillery, and enjoy!

--Peter

Ken Norton and Moose wrote:
> Ah, good! I was hesitant to say that . . .
> > A big white is still less expensive than therapy.
> More effective??

At this stage, I'm not sure anything is effective.

I got the Sony EF 200-600 G. The autofocus of that A9 with this thing
is unworldly. Anyway, sharp? Yeah. But it's big and heavy. Far bigger
and heavier than what pleases me, but if I don't like it or feel that
I need it after this trip I'll just sell it next month.