Re: [OM] Macro flashes and transmitter warranties aren't what they used

Subject: Re: [OM] Macro flashes and transmitter warranties aren't what they used to be
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 10 Sep 2024 23:02:34 -0400
On 9/8/2024 4:24 PM, usher99--- via olympus wrote:
I've been looking at an alternative fill flash alternative than my trusty T32
with  . . .

I think Dr. Flash would be impressed.

I imagine so, if he still cares about flash and DoF.

I am not sure about Dr. No Flash.

The title says it all. 🙂

The Oly twin macro flash is much better built, weatherproof and supports HSS.
But it is heavier and wired and can't be used cross platform.

I still have all that stuff. The only way I can think I would use it is for the cross-pol. OTOH, I've had that for eons, and have never used it other that to test. I've used Sony bodies, OM 20 and 38 mm macros and an LED ring light on the Oly stand for macro very successfully. For stacks, I would use OM-1, still with continuous ring light.

Focus bracketing on Oly uses e-shutter and I believe max speed is 1/100 anyway.

Huh? Some flash thing? Just checked a stack I made a couple of days ago, sans
flash, - 1/1000 sec exposures. Oh, sync speed?

Swat 'Em Moose