[OM] Macro flashes and transmitter warranties aren't what they used to b

Subject: [OM] Macro flashes and transmitter warranties aren't what they used to be
From: usher99--- via olympus <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 8 Sep 2024 20:24:17 +0000 (UTC)
Cc: "usher99@xxxxxxx" <usher99@xxxxxxx>
I've been looking at an alternative fill flash alternative than my trusty T32
with ND filter as auto mode isn't always accurate  (50-75%?).  These new very
light wireless versions from Flashpoint were released this year---really
Adorama rebranded Godox and they all work together.  The Li ion batteries are
not replaceable but have fast recycle times---can probably even do focus
brackets.  They can be used cross platform TTL with a different transmitter.
My transmitter is a bit clunky/finicky --original R2  --there is a mark II
version.

https://www.adorama.com/fplfrfmf12k2.html

My warranty also states that "STRONG electric shock may occur if you touch the
components inside.  You might DIE. (caps in the original) Don't risk it.
Reincarnation is not covered in the warranty."
 Harumph, warranties have gone downhill.
There is a new tiny very easy to use trigger:
https://www.adorama.com/fprrr2nanoca.html

I think Dr. Flash would be impressed.   I am not sure about Dr. No Flash.
The Oly twin macro flash is much better built, weatherproof and supports HSS.
But it is heavier and wired and can't be used cross platform.  Focus bracketing
on Oly uses e-shutter and I believe max speed is 1/100 anyway.
Bug blinder, Mike