Re: [OM] Best SIM to get for France/Italy - Update

Subject: Re: [OM] Best SIM to get for France/Italy - Update
From: Paul Haigney <lensmanten@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 13 Aug 2024 10:12:38 +0100
The Schengen area.

https://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/government-in-ireland/european-government/european-union/schengen-area/

On 13/08/2024 04:58, Mike Lazzari via olympus wrote:
    Thought that I would update the list on what I found out about SIM
    cards and travel to the EuroZone which includes a few other countries
    like Switzerland which are not part of the EU. The S...something
    countries? I opted for O2 mainly because we used it last time and I
    know where the office is, just across Princes St from Waverley where we
    will be arriving. Super convenient and last time they set us up and
    installed the new SIMs for us in a few minutes. They offer roaming in
    the EU at no additional charge. I know, it's a long way from France but
    we'll get to that. I think we'll go with the £15 30gb plan. Maybe the
    £10 for my wife since we'll use more data on my phone.  WhatsApp for
    calls home when we have wifi but I will never use unknown wifi for
    anything else.
    [1]https://www.o2.co.uk/shop/sim-cards/pay-as-you-go?simtype=bigbundles
    #simtype=phone+rolling-plan
    Short version: So we decided to fly into Glasgow because we wanted to
    spend some time in the borders and prefer to travel by land than at
    35000'. So we'll take the fast train to London and the EuroStar to Lyon
    and rent a car there. And we get to see the country. From there to
    northern Italy where my grandparents were born and down to Avignon
    where a friend lives nearby for half the year. She married/divorced
    well. Drop the car and head back on the EuroStar. A quick visit to the
    V&A Museum and the Lake District. The weather will probably be crap but
    we don't care :)
    Mike