[OM] IMG: Valderrama

Subject: [OM] IMG: Valderrama
From: Nathan Wajsman <photo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 19 Jul 2024 07:29:51 +0200
The Real Club Valderrama is a famous golf course in the south of Andalucía,
just 20 km or so from Gibraltar. Its green fees are ridiculously high, several
times the amount you pay to play a round of golf in Alicante. So my wife wanted
to see what all the fuss is about, and the LIV Golf tournament held there last
weekend provided an opportunity to walk the course, following some of the
world’s best players. We chose to follow a group of 3 players which included US
Open champion Bryson DeChambeau and the English Ryder Cup hero Tyrrell Hatton,
along with Spanish player Eugenio Chacarra. This way we got to see the entire
course. By the time we got to our hotel in the nearby town of Torreguadiaro, we
were really wiped out—driving 600 km and then walking 18 holes in the heat of
southern Spain in July does tire you out. Fortunately, our seaside hotel had a
nice restaurant, and our balcony provided nice views. A short gallery of the
golf and the beach is here:

https://www.greatpix.eu/Travel/Valderrama-July-2024
<https://www.greatpix.eu/Travel/Valderrama-July-2024>

I am especially pleased with the golf shots where I managed to press the
shutter in the right moment to capture the swing and the ball in flight in the
same frame.

Nathan

Nathan Wajsman
photo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx