Re: [OM] British Flutterby

Subject: Re: [OM] British Flutterby
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 11 Oct 2024 17:30:52 -0400
On 10/11/2024 2:15 PM, Charles Geilfuss wrote:
That's really up close and personal, Moose.

Thanks!

One may read that the Oly 12-200 lens is softish at the long end. Well, it's true, but . . . The wonders of software such as Topaz Sharpen somehow magically recover (or reinvent?) the fine detail.. I chose not to carry the 100-400 with 1.4x TC in the crowded madness of the castle and Royal Mile, and the 12-200 came through again with an unexpected subject. About a 50% crop, so in the vicinity of 800 mm, FF eq.

I'd have liked to take another shot with same pose with a different focal plane, but the little creature was moving around a lot in an effort to avoid being blown off the wall, so what I have may not allow replacement of the rear wing, sharper. Looks pretty good anyway.

Up Close Moose