[OM] IMG: Kielce

Subject: [OM] IMG: Kielce
From: Nathan Wajsman <photo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 1 Oct 2024 22:22:27 +0200
Kielce is a city of about 200,000 inhabitants in eastern Poland, about 130 km
north of Kraków. It is the capital of the Świętokrzyskie region. As opposed to
the larger cities Kraków and Warsaw, it is completely off the tourist map. But
it is an important regional educational center, and the local technical
university has an annual week-long event on intellectual property, attended
mainly by Polish patent attorneys and academics. Last week, I was invited to
speak there, which gave me the opportunity to explore the city a bit as well.
Since the event was held at a lakeside hotel outside the city, I also explored
the villages Cedzyna and Leszczyny.

This was my second visit in Kielce, having also spoken at this event in 2022,
but I must say that this time I found the city a lot more pleasant than two
years ago. And I saw some really interesting art. A small gallery is here:

https://www.greatpix.eu/Travel/Kielce-September-2024

Nathan

Nathan Wajsman
photo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx