[OM] IMG: Ibiza / Eivissa

Subject: [OM] IMG: Ibiza / Eivissa
From: Nathan Wajsman <photo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 15 Sep 2024 15:17:41 +0200
I have been largely silent the past week, because I spent the entire week in
Pisa, attending a conference with lots of evening activities as well. Lots of
photos from Pisa coming up, but today I show you a small gallery from Ibiza
where I changed planes on the way to Italy last Monday, with an 8-hour layover,
so I had time to take a taxi into the city (it is called Eivissa, in Catalan,
the official language of the island) and walk around for a few hours. I was
especially keen to see the old city, founded by Phoenicians almost 2800 years
ago, and subsequently by Romans, assorted barbarians, the Moors, and finally by
the Catalans in the 13th century. The entire walled centre is a UNESCO World
Heritage Site, and after walking up and down its narrow streets, I find the
designation fully justified.

Here is a small gallery of 35 images from Eivissa:

https://www.greatpix.eu/Travel/A-few-hours-in-Ibiza
<https://www.greatpix.eu/Travel/A-few-hours-in-Ibiza>

Nathan

Nathan Wajsman